Backup your printer using a Network share
This script is WORK IN PROGRESS. BACKUP YOUR FILES MANUALLY!!!! I´m not responsible for any not functioning printers or lost files!
Network Share (Windows, Linux, Synology). The host has to be online and have a fixed Hostname or IP. Click the link below for your platform if you have difficulties creating one. Also create a DEDICATED user.
- Create a new user for the shared folder
File Explorerand browse to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click it and select
- Select the
- Within the
Network accesswindow, select the new user you just created.
- Copy the network path.
Linux: Refer to https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/samba/
- Follow the instructions given in the script
- You can also include any other folder if you feel the need.
- The Syntax is:
sudo cp -r /YOUR/FOLDER/ "$MNTPATH"
Additional configuration options
- The backup script has some additional configuration options. Open it with the following command.
sudo nano /home/$USER/backup.sh
Want a Mainsail/Fluidd Backup Macro?
Requires G-Gcode Shell Command Extension (install with KIAUH).
- Download the backup.cfg and include it in your printer.cfg
This tutorial and scirpt were created by T4KUUY4 the tutorial was included by me in the docs because the function is similar and some people would like to know the other option.